At St. Andrew's we follow a mastery approach to Maths - from Nursery through to Year 6.
Our aim is for young mathematicians to become:
- Confident and able to recall and apply mathematical knowledge in different contexts;
- Able to explain their methods and thinking processes and apply skills in context;
- Fluent in different areas of maths;
- Efficient in applying problem-solving and reasoning skills;
- Independent thinkers;
- Making number work fun Maths;
- Aware of the Maths/ concepts/ process they are doing.