Our dedicated team of governors help make important decisions about the running of the school.
Chair of Governors, Foundation and SEND Governor - Mr Daniel Downes
Vice chair and Diocesan Governor - Mr Russell Baucutt
Ex-Officio and Worship Governor - Reverend Joanna McKee
Foundation, Looked After and Pupil Premium Governor - Mrs Fiona Trewartha
Foundation and Health and Safety Governor - Mr Garry Taylor
Headteacher Governor - Mrs Gillian Ellis
Staff Governor - Miss Julie Roberts
Parent Governor - Ms Amanda Nellist
Parent Governor - Mr David Boulger
Local Authority Governor - Councillor Paul Cropper
Foundation Governor - Mrs Danielle Halton
Foundation Governor - Mrs Susan Brown
The main duties and responsibilities of a Governor are to:
- Know and support the aims of the school, its mission statement and ensure that these are achieved.
- Determine the overall direction and development of the school through good governance and clear strategic planning.
- Promote and develop the school in order for it to grow and maintain its relevance in society.
- Ensure that the school and its representatives function within the legal and regulatory framework of the sector and in line with the school’s governing document.
- Act in the best interest of the school, beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times.
- Maintain sound financial management of the school’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with its objectives, and investment activities meet accepted standard and policies.
- Assist in the interviewing, appointing and monitoring of the work and activities of the senior staff.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information received in the course of governors’ responsibilities to the school, and to accord with the conflicts of interest policy.
- Contribute his or her expertise to the discussions of the Governing Body.
The full governing body meets once per term. In addition we have several sub committees that meet on a regular basis.
Foundation and Child Protection Governor - Gemma Roberts resigned 29 September 2020