Our dedicated team of governors help make important decisions about the running of the school.
Chair of Governors and Diocesan Governor- Mrs Gillian Dean
Vice Chair, Foundation Governor and Child Protection Governor - Mrs Heather Gordon
Ex-Officio Governor - Reverend Joanna McKee
Foundation Governor - Mr Daniel Downes
Foundation Governor - Mrs Fiona Trewartha
Headteacher Governor - Miss Stefanie Wilson
Staff Governor - Miss Julie Roberts
Parent Governor and Special Educational Needs Governor - Mrs Sue Barrick
Parent Governor - Mr Paul Richardson
Local Authority Governor - Position Currently Vacant
The main duties and responsibilities of a Governor are to:
- Know and support the aims of the school, its mission statement and ensure that these are achieved.
- Determine the overall direction and development of the school through good governance and clear strategic planning.
- Promote and develop the school in order for it to grow and maintain its relevance in society.
- Ensure that the school and its representatives function within the legal and regulatory framework of the sector and in line with the school’s governing document.
- Act in the best interest of the school, beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times.
- Maintain sound financial management of the school’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with its objectives, and investment activities meet accepted standard and policies.
- Assist in the interviewing, appointing and monitoring of the work and activities of the senior staff.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information received in the course of governors’ responsibilities to the school, and to accord with the conflicts of interest policy.
- Contribute his or her expertise to the discussions of the Governing Body.
The full governing body meets once per term. In addition we have several sub committees that meet on a regular basis.
Chair of Governors and Parent Governor - Mr Greig Moran (resigned 06/07/16)
Foundation Governor- Mrs Denise Guard (resigned 06/07/16)
Foundation Governor - Mrs Louise Mason (resigned 06/07/16)
Ex-Officio Governor - Reverend David Thomson (resigned 01/09/16)
Foundation Governor - Mr Matthew Graham (resigned 08/01/17)
Local Authority Governor - Councillor Jane Lewis (resigned 08/02/17)
Foundation Governor and Link PCC Governor - Mrs Eileen Middlefell (resigned 12/03/18)